Index hard drive

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 12:34:17 PDT 2004

On 06/23/04, Jane Sprando <janesprando at comcast.net> wrote:

> What do I need to do to index my hard drive? I am running 10.2.2 and 9.2.2
> on a G4 iMac.

>From Finder->Help->Mac Help (search on index):
Use the Finder to index files and disks:

Indexing your files

To search the contents of your files, the Finder must index the disk or
folder that contains the files. Usually the Finder indexes disks and
folders when you search them. However, you may need to update the index.
	1. 	 Select the disk or folder you want to index in the Finder.
	2. 	 Choose File -> Get Info.
	3. 	 Click Content Index, then click Index Now.

> Also, what settings should I be using for Energy Saver?

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. E.g., I have everything set to
never.