[HM] Erratic cursor

Bob K itheshopper at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 18 12:54:37 PST 2004

Jane, and others with same problem:

I had the same intermittent problem, dead cursor AND dead keyboard
that worsened and became more and more frequent with time, eventually
permanent. Fixes that worked initally, started not to work any more.
In the end my dual G4 started up with a dead mouse and dead keyboard
even from the Panther installation disk, or from the Apple Hardware
test CD. It all ended up with Apple replacing the Logic Board, luckily
before my warranty expired but, it was a close call with less than two
weeks left in the warranty.  Personally, I suspect that it was a heat
problem.  I increased the ventilation around the tower, by adding a
small fan to my set-up, just in case...

By the way, did your keyboard go dead also, with the rest of the
system still running aimlessly?

Bob