Error on attempting to delete from trash

Don dtownhome at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 21 12:29:04 PST 2004

>    I tried that and it still comes out with a -127. I
>believe it is looking for a folder which no longer
>exists and I cannot move from trash or do any other
>type of delete. So at this point, just moving along
>very slowly.
>
>  Thanks for answering.
>Wags ;)

I had that happen one time a couple years ago on an old
all in one mac.  I think it might have been an old LC 575.

At first it was rediculous because I tried to create other
folders and stuff (to duplicate how it happened) ...and ended
up with not just one...but several undeletable items.  I recall
putting things in other folders to 'hide' them or just somehow
change the circumstances to fool the system into getting rid of
things...no joy.

I think at one point I even renamed the undeletable folders
and put them into use in place of the 'normal' folders.  That
seemed risky but it was irritating to me at that point too.
Seemed kind of like the Christmas tree ornament (boomerang)
that won't go away.

As I recall, I did a desktop rebuild, and ran some repair
utilities.  I 'wild guessed' that it was something wrong with
some part of an unidentified directory problem.  My best 'wild
guess' was that the system erased part of a file and left
another (perhaps just the icon) unerased somehow.  After
running some utilities and rebuilding the desktop, it seems
like I finally went to the length of transferring the entire
drive to another location and reformatting...

When returning things to the original drive, I believe I did it
item by item deliberately leaving the undeletable items behind
before it finally went away.

In the end, it was a frustrating experience for a few weeks
until I could get agressive to get rid of it.

HTH
Don