[HM] Re: Couple of questions

TeeGate TeeGate at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 16:04:42 PST 2004

Debbi and Barry,

Debbi I am thrilled that my suggestions worked for you. And Barry thank
you for the kind words. I learned the trick on disabling the USB during
boot up by accident. When OSX first was released there was not a program
that allowed you to boot up in X and actually run with a Finder. The
author of the program "Boot CD" was able to figure out a way to do this
before anyone else as far as I know. So I was following his instructions
on burning a CD to do this, and was not able to get it to boot up for
some reason.

Then one night while trying to sleep, I was kept awake by my CD burner
which kept spinning for some reason. I got out of bed, pulled the plug,
and also pulled out the USB connection. The next day on my first attempt
to boot up with the useless CD from the day before it worked.

I instantly realized what was causing the problem, and a quick hook up
of my burner proved that theory correct, when I was no longer able to
boot up.

As for the IE problem, I was a member of the Unofficial Outlook Express
website years ago, and the actual programmers of Outlook Express posted
there. I learned from them that this also works with other Microsoft
programs such as Outlook. If you use the same technique as I mentioned
and run Outlook in place of IE, the Microsoft First Run will also launch
and install these Extensions.

Guy