[HM] Re: Music won't stop

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Tue May 4 06:49:59 PDT 2004

On May 4, 2004, at 12:14 AM, Jane Sprando wrote:

> Ken, so there is no way to stop listening to music when iTunes is open?

Yes, with the pause button. It does seem a little odd, but in order to
remove redundancy Apple has merged the Pause and Stop buttons into a
single button and called it "Pause", they could have just as easily
called it Stop. So supposedly Pause = Stop in iTunes.

I'm not sure I like this because I'm used to the CD way of doing
things, and Apple has chosen the Tape way of doing things. The
difference is that when you push Stop on a CD player, then Play, it
starts from the beginning. For a tape wether you push Stop or Pause,
when you push Play again it picks up where it left off.

So just think of iTunes as a tape player that doesn't have to worry
about the purely mechanical difference between Pause and Stop (as Ken
pointed out).

Hope that's more helpful than confusing.

-Mike