Bouncing icon in dock

Jane Sprando janesprando at comcast.net
Tue May 4 20:40:14 PDT 2004

I have decided that I really need to learn how to use OS 10, so you are all
in for a lot of questions!

My iMac will boot into 9 and 10. I am running 10.2.2 and 9.2.2. Now it is
running 10. When I run a program that is in 9, Classic opens and that
program will open. When I am finished, I quit that program, and the icon
remains in the dock. However, when I want to re-open that same program and I
click on its icon in the dock, all it does is jump up and down and it won't
open. So I just restart the iMac. so far today, I have restarted it 7 times!

What am I doing wrong?

Jane