[HM] HP Scanjet 4300C

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed May 12 18:10:16 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, May 12, 2004, at 20:55 Canada/Eastern, Jane Sprando wrote:

> My son gave me an HP Scanjet 4300C, with no power cord and no USB
> cord. he
> did include the software CD, however.
>
> 1. I went to the HP web site and can't get a power cord from them.

Unless I'm mistaken, what you need is an AC adaptor (power supply), not
a cord.

>  [...] 2. I looked at the software on the CD, but I still can't tell
> if it can be
> used on a Mac and which OS. [...]

The specs are available at

<http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/
document?product=58982&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&docname=bus03716>

It is not Mac compatible. It uses a TWAIN driver, so you may be able to
set it up to work on a Mac, but I shouldn't expect it to be easy. IMHO,
you're better off giving it away or selling it.