[HM] Reparining permissions multiple times

Thom Holland tholland at san.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 12:42:51 PST 2005

B.ru c-e €K1u-tch-k0 wrote:

>On 4/2/05 12:13 PM, "Thom Holland" <tholland at san.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have run Repair Permissions multiple times in succession.  Each time
>>it finds the same errors after it fixed them the time before.  Is this
>>normal?
>>
>>-Thom
>>

>What is the error?

This is what I continually get:

Repairing permissions for “Thom's Hard Drive”
Determining correct file permissions.
We are using special permissions for the file or directory
./Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays. New permissions are 16893
We are using special permissions for the file or directory
./Library/ColorSync/Profiles. New permissions are 16893
We are using special permissions for the file or directory
./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util. New permissions are
33261
We are using a special uid for the file or directory
./private/var/at/jobs. New uid is 1
We are using a special uid for the file or directory
./private/var/at/spool. New uid is 1
The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

Permissions repair complete