[HM] Users/ Permissions/ Help

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 14:31:33 PST 2005

On 3/28/05, Howard Scudder <scudderwh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Im setting up a computer to make a disc image for net
> installs to classroom computers.

What OS X?

What application are you using to make the image?

> Ok, I set up the computer (in X) with programs needed
> for classrooms and also ran the installers for a few
> educational CD-Roms (in 9).  I put the Icons on the
> dock, defragmented, disc doc, and repaired
> permissions.  Everything runs great.  The perfect
> classroom computer!

What do you mean by defragmented and disc doc?

> Ok, heres the problem.  I go into accounts, to the
> student user and place "Some Limits" (cannot modify
> dock, etc..).  When I do this and click an icon for
> one of the CDs it will not run.

What CD? Which one? How are you trying? Check Mac Help->account
limitations->Restricting what users can do with the computer and the link
to Tell Me More.

> Runs fine with no limits but when I apply "Some
> Limits" cant run a CD.

What does this mean? What kind of CD-data, software application, music?
More details, please.

> The error message is "Failed to find resource file
> MACINTOSH HD:APPLICATIONS (MAC OS 9)"

Does the APPLICATIONS (MAC OS 9) directory exist on your computer that
you're imaging?