[HM] Password help & Jaguar

Thom Holland Thomas.Holland at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 13 14:44:17 PDT 2005

Jack,

You can reload the OS without writing over the data files.  I forget
what it is called, but you get the option when you select the way it is
to be installed.

Jack Honeycutt wrote:

>Hello....
>
>My girlfriend got a G4 from her X husband in her divorce.  She she asked me
>to hook up & get running for her.
>When I boot, I get a screen that says the name of her X husband, and then
>it asks for  a password.  Needless to say, he says he has "forgotten" it.
>
>I know in PCs, you can sometimes remove a jumper on the motherboard to
>reset the password.  I don't know how it  works in Jaguar or Apples.  I
>would like to tell you which version of  Jaguar it has running, but I can't
>get pass the password screen.
>
>Short of booting to her original jaguar disks, and loading OSX again, do I
>have any way to get to the desktop?  She has files she would like to keep
>if I can save them for her.
>
>Any advice appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Jack in Portland Oregon

Thom Holland

The Word of the Day for Apr 13 is:

*ken* \KEN\ /noun/

1 a : the range of vision
  b : sight, view
2 : the range of perception, understanding, or knowledge