[HM] Printing URL on a page

B.ru c-e •K1u-tch-k0 AppleRocket at NoSpamMail.net
Thu Aug 4 07:46:54 PDT 2005

There is a solution for older versions of Safari and IE.

This javascript can be invoked prior to printing, and it will place
the URL on the printed page. Check it out in Preview to see if you
like it. This is not my script, by the way. I got it as freeware.

<javascript:%20if%20(document.body.firstChild.id%20==%
20'print_URL_header')%20{document.body.removeChild
(document.body.firstChild);}%20else%20{entete%20=%
20document.createElement('pre');entete.setAttribute
('id','print_URL_header');entete.appendChild(document.createTextNode
(document.URL));document.body.insertBefore(entete,%
20document.body.firstChild,%20null);window.print();}>

Just create a new URL in your Bookmarks bar, call it "Print w/ URL"
and paste in the javascript as the actual address of the url. it
worked fine for me before Tiger made it unnecessary. If you have
trouble doing this, let me know and I'll send you off list the actual
webloc file that you could simply drag to your URL bar. I don't think
this group would allow attachments.

--
B-r-u -c-e