[HM] lost system folder! addendum

Jim Norman jimoctec at mac.com
Wed Aug 10 01:42:03 PDT 2005

Rosemary Titterington wrote:

> Dear Jim
> Have just printed out your reply - so that I can keep it in my
> emergency file on desk!!
>
> Have just used safari - had not realised how good it is compared to
> Explorer!
> Don't quite understand earthlink - not clear what it is.
> (am a 'silver surfer). Should I download this as well - or is there no
> point as if will use safari
> and am .com user.
> Rosemary
>
> Rosemary_t at mac.com

Hi Rosemary,

Don't bother with the Earthlink unless you want to change your  internet
service provider.  If you are in the US (as I am not) they were (are?) a
Mac friendly ISP, but there is no need to change your set up if it works
and is reliable and reasonably priced.

You will find that Safari is a very capable browser, the only time it,
or Firefox for that matter, struggles is with Microsoft specific sites
such as Hotmail and Office Update for Mac.

I'm running my Mac as a Microsoft free zone quite happily.

All the best,

Jim