[HM] Re: .swf file

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 8 14:31:28 PST 2005

If Shock Wave is installed in your Applications folder, Explorer should find
it automatically. One possible solution would be to uninstall Shock Wave,
then install the latest version. Once you've installed it, it'll
automatically be placed where Explorer can find it. Though it's also
possible the file you're trying to open needs a specific plug-in, as the
message box you're getting says, but since I don't use Shock Wave, I don't
know how to explain where to get it.

One other possible solution is to try another browser. Explorer for Mac is
an ancient browser, and to my knowledge hasn't been updated in years. Try
FireFox. It's way, WAY, better, and it's a free download. There's actually a
very complimentary article on it in today's N. Y. Times.

Hope this helps,
Brian