[HM] Re: Backing up IE favorites

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Thu Dec 8 23:49:01 PST 2005

Jane,

I probably only use Explorer 2-3 times a year, so I haven't ever had
cause to do this.

However, a quick google revealed the following;

Back up your Internet Explorer Favorites

If you use this program, you should also back up your Internet
Explorer Favorites file.

Open Internet Explorer by selecting the Go menu
 From the Go menu choose Applications > Internet Explorer:
 From the Favorites menu, select Organize favorites
When the window opens, select the File menu > Export Favorites
Type "favorites.html" into the Save As field and save onto your
formatted disk.
Close all open windows.

I would assume that you could then import them...I'm sure google
could turn up something on that as well.  Also, I would think that
Explorer would store them in a folder in the library or something and
they could just be copied and dumped into the proper folder for the
copy of Explorer that you plan to use.

Good luck!

Samantha