[HM] backing up

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 10:09:50 PST 2005

On 01/30/05, Jane Sprando <janesprando at comcast.net> wrote:

> I need to back up my G4 iMac that boots up in 9 and 10. Currently I am in
> 9.2.2. Can I back up to a CD rewritable? If so, how do I do it without any
> additional software?
>
> I do have Retrospect Express back Up 4.3, but it is not installed right now.

See <http://www.bombich.com/mactips/image.html>. It describes the manual
method for backing up OS X and provides a link to CarbonCopyCloner, which
is a small application that puts a user friendly front-end to the same
commands. You can drag & drop in the Finder to backup your OS 9 stuff.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but just got your message in the digest today.