[HM] Mail & Apple Script

Stuart Weisberg stuart1 at spymac.com
Sun Jul 31 12:44:33 PDT 2005

Hi All,
I am writing about a problem getting an apple script to run under the
Mail program that was bundled with Jaguar ( now 10.2.8). I have saved
the script both as a compiled script and an app. not at the same time
however. But the rule I established won't run the script  ( the script
reads a message if the e mail is from a particular person). If I change
the rule to play a sound instead of running the script all is well. So
I assume the rule is valid. If I double click the script it will play
as it should. So I guess the script is valid. What am I missing. The
script editor I used is the one bundled with Jaguar as well. I have
also saved the script to several different places (not at the same
time) and while the path in the rule seems correct, the script will not
run.

Regards,
Stu