[HM] Using skype?

Rosemary Titterington rosemary_t at mac.com
Tue Mar 1 00:07:19 PST 2005

I am probably being dim - but how do I fix up sound input, do I need a
mike? and if so what do others use please.
Have G4 - early one, and using OS 10.3.8. Most of family are abroad,
and have persuaded me to download and use Skype for talking direct to
them.  Apart from early problems with it, when I forgot to turn on
'contacts only' and got lots of Arab gentlemen talking at me, I can see
it is probably a good thing.
However, I can hear callers, but they cannot hear me. Do I buy a usb
mike, if so what do you all use. Still a bit dubious about Skype, but
perhaps its my age catching up with me at last!!

Grateful for any advice.

Rosemary Titterington
Rosemary_t at mac.com