[HM] Modem doesn't dial on first attempt

Debbi Young djy at citynet.net
Thu May 19 13:00:09 PDT 2005

I'm also on dial-up, and usually when I have connection problems I
have to call the phone company. Frequently moisture affects our phone
lines, but we've also had the charge go out on some kind of power
source at the switching box, and one time a critter got into the
switching box and chewed up the line. The joys of country living ...

Debbi