[HM] Opening .zips

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 19 13:13:56 PDT 2005

On 5/19/05 10:24 AM, "David Flory" <daflory at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I think all you have to do is doubleclick it and OS X will uncompress
> it. There's a contextual menu that lets you Zip and file after you
> select it, this is the reverse of that. Just tried it and it works
> for me.

One additional word of warning: remember what its name is, because once its
unstuffed and opened as a new folder, your system could be set to put it
someplace where you may have some trouble finding it. But if you remember
the name, you can simply run a Find on it, and find it that way. I have my
system set to open these files and leave them on the desktop. Can't remember
if that's the default or I had to set it that way.

Brian