[HM] Cable Modem Speed

TheCraigLaw at aol.com TheCraigLaw at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 10:44:50 PST 2005

Hi, I have never understood the whole "data speed" issue with high-speed
internet. Lately, however, I have been made aware that I may be getting duped by
my carrier.

My cable modem info page says I am getting the following performance:
Maximum Downstream Data Rate :  3146000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate :    256000

Now, which of those figures do I use to compare my performance with the
industry standards? Do I have 256k "high" speed internet, or 3.1mbps? Something
tells me 256k...

Thanks,

Craig W.
Atlanta GA
PAYPAL [TheCraigLaw at aol.com] PREFERRED
"Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?" - Friedrich
Nietzsche