[HM] Re: Trying to initialize an external drive

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Sep 9 20:54:56 PDT 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 12:30 AM, Duane Murphy wrote:

> --- At Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:07:29 -0700, Jane Sprando wrote:
>
>> Tony, I found all the articles. I then went to Apple's support and
>> it it
>> always mentions <server> with the update 10.2.2 journaling. I am
>> not on a
>> server.
>
> That's the information that was needed! Apple added Journaling to
> Mac OS
> X 10.2.2 Server. Mac OS X Server is a different product than Mac OS X.
> Mac OS X Server has additional capabilities needed to provide a
> network
> wide server.
>
> Journalling wasn't added to Mac OS X (I think) until 10.3 (Panther).

1) Google: "10.2.2 journaled" (as I mentioned before, no quotes)

2) First hit takes you to http://www.antipixel.com/blog/archives/
2002/11/12/greeting_from_1022.html

3) READ

4) Follow CLEAR LINK to http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?
story=2002111200220086

5) READ about ONE LINE COMMAND needed to enable journaling on OS X
**client**