[HM] Epson printer won't print after upgrade to 10.3

janesprando at comcast.net janesprando at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 17:28:30 PDT 2006

To all who have offered advice and possible solutions ---- thank you!

It did not help to unplug/plug the printer power cord and USB cable. Deleting the printer name/adding it back in Printer Utility did not clear up the Printer Stopped issue, either.

This is what Epson recommended and I did:  I trashed the Epson folder from Library/Printers/Epson. Then I downloaded the driver and followed the directions to install it. I turned on the printer, opened Printer Set Up Utility and it was there. I clicked ADD. Epson says to also choose Epson USB from the drop down menu.

[For good measure, I unplugged the printer power cord and USB cord and re-plugged. I  haven't tried scanning yet, though.]

 I can print --- even from my Powerbook under printer Sharing! This should not have been that dificult, should it????

--
Jane

From: Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net>