[HM] Locking The Dock in 10.4

TeeGate TeeGate at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 16:04:32 PST 2006

The way I have always done it, and the most secure way so that they most
likely will not figure it out, is to go to
Users/Username/Library/Preferences/and find the "com.apple.dock.plist" file.
(You can also easily just do a search for it). Using "Get Info" you can lock
it by checking the "Locked" box. Make sure you have the dock set up the way
you want it before you do. Obviously, they still will be able to poof the
items out of the dock, but a restart or log out and in will return it to the
way you set it up.

Guy