[HM] Application to record audio tracks that doesn't need a fast disk?!!

ESTHER SUCRE sucre8121 at rogers.com
Tue Jan 24 13:03:29 PST 2006

Hi there! Its kind of weird. Cubase will work.. to a
certain point! I can record ok, but  the real problem
comes at the time of playback. it will play the audio
once, but if I hit the stop button and try to play it
again, then it won't do anything else. I spoke to one
of the salesman a the computer department of a music
store, and he told me that the problem is that Cubase
needs a disk with RPMs of at least 7200 because the
disk spins faster, or something like that. I also run
Cubase on my G4 desktop no problem. But I need to
record on the laptop since its easier to carry around
and a desktop! If I can record the tracks on the
powerbook then I can bring it to my G4 and do all the
editing there! The powerbook is a G3 400 MHz, with 8GB
hard drive (7 free) and 350 RAM

Esther