[HM] Safari - copied material is an unreadable yellow

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Wed Jan 25 22:16:44 PST 2006

--- At Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:23:42 -0800, Joan Mihay wrote:

>Whenever I copy anything from a Safari website by using Command, Shift,
>4, Control and paste it to a  TextEdit file, it is colored yellow and
>can not be discerned from  the white background.
>
>I would like to have the information in black or even the color it is
>on the web.
>
>How can I accomplish this?

Umm, command-shift-4 is for taking pictures. I don't know how you're
getting anything on the clipboard.

If you simply select the text you want and then press command-c (Copy
from the Edit Menu) and then command-v (Paste from the Edit menu) into
Text Edit it should work just fine, at least for text.

Pictures are another matter. Text Edit doesn't do pictures.

Good luck,

 ...Duane