[MacDV] SLICE ME UP

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 16:54:37 PST 1969

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 10:41 PM, Louis Cornelio wrote:

> I want to know - does it convert to to a DV stream that iMovie will
> *not*
> choke on because of length?

What happens is that as iMovie imports the data, it automatically
splits the data stream into roughly 9 min 30 sec  (~1.9 GB) segments.
You can then re-assemble the video in its entirety by dragging all the
"clips" into the timeline in iMovie -no data is lost in segmenting the
video.

As for getting the file you already have into iMovie, to the best of my
knowledge you will have to split it into chunks. Quicktime Pro can do
this, as I'm sure, can many other video editing applications. Someone
else on the list can probably recommend other apps to split your movie
into chunks.

-Mike