[MacDV] Apple 22" Dinema Display with windows XP

John Teffer jdteffer at cox.net
Fri Dec 6 06:11:11 PST 2002

on 12/6/02 7:43 AM, Felix W. Ledesma at Ledesmaf at bellatlantic.net wrote:

> Anybody tried to run windows XP (Dell PC) through an A/B USB Switch
> connecting Apple 22" Cinema display?
> How about the keyboards are there adapters to translate the commands so
> I could use one keyboard for my G4 and the PC?

What you are looking for is a "KVM Switch" (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) - You
can find models that allow you to share one keyboard monitor and mouse
between two computers, or between many many more.

I know I've seen models that use USB (I personally have an old one that
connects a PS/2 mouse and keyboard and VGA monitor to one Mac (with ADB
port) and one PC) but I don't know if I've seen one that works with the
cinema display, it has a special type of connector, doesn't it? - I'd try a
Google search for "KVM switch" plus whatever the name of the monitor
interface is... DVI or something?

Or, if both your machines are networked, you can control one from the other
over by using free software called "VNC" - virtual network computer:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

-John