[MacDV] Re: External DVD Drives-Experiences-Recommendations

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Dec 7 19:19:09 PST 2002

Discribe is a piece of garbage. Buy the DVR-105 bare or even in a
retail box for less than $300 on http://www.pricewatch.com and throw it
in a 1394 box. Less than $400 total. Also, you might want to remember
that 1x DVD-R media is cheap and 4x DVD-R media is still almost $3.00
each. I am not convinced that the 1x SuperDrive in the GHz PowerBook is
such a bad deal. It forces you to use cheap media. Just a time to burn
tradeoff that isn't that severe. You can always use Toast to make
copies of a TiBook original @ 4x with the above external 105. Just a
thought. Everything is a trade off.

Kunga