Using MA-300 mic adapter

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sun Dec 8 18:10:23 PST 2002

Are you recording music? (you need stereo?)

The set up you are using was designed to give you two different mic inputs,
so you can have your talent on one channel and your subject on another, etc.

A company like Markertek can supply you with a cable that is essentially the
opposite of a splitter. One XLR to two XLR's. Or, a mini mixer that can pan
the input into both XLR's, pretty much the same thing, except with the cable
you are locked in and with the mini mixer you can quickly put something else
into one channel.

You could also have them build you one (or maybe they already have one)
that's XLR on one end for your Sennheiser and has the Canon mini connector
on the other end. That way you wouldn't need your MA-300 mic adaptor at all.

sb