[MacDV] scam patrol

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Sun Dec 15 15:09:31 PST 2002

On 12/15/02 7:38 PM, "Matthew Guemple" <mo.og at verizon.net> wrote:

> They are offering 1gig TiBooks at half price. Too good to be true
> usually is, so wondering if anyone has heard one way or the other.

Wow! I'll buy a dozen after coming onto some money in an e-mail from Nigeria
today!

-- Kidding aside, there is *no way* Titanium Powerbooks can be sold for half
price unless they are stolen goods. There is a documented mail order theft
scheme in operation involving Apple PowerBooks specifically. I think there
have been problems with this on eBay, too. You might check
<http://www.macintouch.com/> for details.

If the e-mail your received was spam, the person sending it is by definition
a liar and a thief.

There used to be a lively trade in factory refurbished Macintoshes, but not
much anymore. I've done business with a couple, but I wouldn't recommend the
dealers, so no links.

Hold off until you can buy through a reputable, legitimate dealer.

Danny Grizzle