[MacDV] update

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Dec 15 19:03:27 PST 2002

Hi,
Some of you may remember my plight witht he DVD recorder and the
transitions being read by it as COPY PROTECT.
Well today I hooked up one of these phillips DVD recorders a number of
ways and made a few discoveries.
1st  yes my tapes all had this problem and even a good TBC didn't remove it.
The only thing that took it away was to run the SVHS tape back through
the Sony media converter and then into the DVD recorder Firewire.
Problem 1 solved. Totally counterintuitive.

So now the new plan is to skip the master tape and run from the timeline
directly out to this DVD recorder in firewire.
But when I plug it in it was all scrambled.
For some reason I had to change my sequence setting to NTSC 4:3  from
NTSCDV 3:2 in order to make it happy.
Maybe it doesnt like the extra pixels on the sides.
Jim