[MacDV] Re: Twitchy Titles Twice Told

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Tue Dec 17 09:28:48 PST 2002

It could also be that he's using a PostScript font without the outline
half of the font pair.  For those not familiar with font issues, a
PostScript font has two parts: the bitmap (or "screen" font) which is
used to help the computer render it on-screen, and an outline (or
"printer" font) file which is usually used for crisp printing of the
typeface, but may also be needed at certain point sizes for clean
on-screen rendering.  Mac OS X supports PostScript fonts natively (as
long as you have both screen and printer font files in one of the
"Fonts" folders), but with Mac OS 9 you need Adobe's ATM (the free
version, not ATM Deluxe) to display and print PostScript fonts reliably.

Try a different font that you *know* works properly in other programs,
or find a TrueType version of the font he wants to use.

Hope this helps.

- Mark