[MacDV] Creating CDs with AV content that can play in a DVD player

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Dec 20 10:15:11 PST 2002

Yes. That's what a Video CD is. It plays on many but not all DVD
players. The DVD Player will list VCD as a supported format in its
operating manual. It will not always say so on the retail box or the
player itself. Almost all new DVD players support VCD. Now that players
are as cheap as $40 it's no big whoop to buy a new one that will work.

Kunga