[MacDV] Re: Out of Office AutoReply: MacDV Digest #1811

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 21 09:49:53 PST 2002

On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 10:45 AM, Ron wrote:

> This is just so inconsiderate.  We could get one of these for every
> message sent to the list. On other lists I am on when this happens the
> list momblocks the subscriber.

Most of these auto-responders are smart enough to send only one notice
per email address - you'll notice that none of the subsequent
complaints about the note have gotten an auto-reply. While the one
message is annoying, its less volume than the complaining. Its the
least hassle all around to just delete the first message and
unsubscribe the sender if there are further auto-responses.

SR