[MacDV] Re: make copies of a DVD

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Tue Dec 24 10:53:47 PST 2002

What?  Command line?  What's wrong with Disk Copy or Toast?  They're
both really easy (point and click), and Disk Copy is even free.  If you
want to impress your Windows or Unix friends and show them that you
know how to work the command line, then go ahead and do so.  Sorry if I
sound rash, but the "Mac" way has never been about typing arcane
commands into a terminal window, and even with the Unix roots of Mac OS
X, using the command line is rarely needed thanks to the plethora of
great software (commercial, shareware, and freeware).  So before you
spend your whole day figuring out the correct syntax for the command,
check for GUI "alternatives".  Granted, for troubleshooting and
administration purposes, the command line does come in handy... but for
copying a disk???