Making VCDs on a Mac

Carol java_j at macosx.com
Tue Dec 24 17:02:23 PST 2002

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the list and new to video editing also.

Right now I am just trying to create VCDs using IMovie2 and Toast 5.0.2
on a G4 with OS 9.1.

I used the Toast plugin to IMovie to make my Quicktime .mov files.  Then
I dragged them into Toast in the VCD section.

All the .mov files on the hard drive played fine using Quicktime 5. Then
I tried playing the VCD with Quicktime.  The 3-minute movie was fine.
So was the 10-minute movie.  On the 30-minute movie the picture froze
and the sound stopped about 30 seconds before the end.  This also
happened on a 40-minute movie.

Any hints would be welcome.

By the way, is it possible to make VCDs that have menus and chapters
using just Macintosh software?  VCD seems like a nice way to go when you
are trying to preserve what you have collected on VHS or other analog tape.
--
Carol -