[MacDV] Re: varous newbie questions

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 25 03:05:51 PST 2002

>On 12/24/02 3:41 PM, "Paul Russell " wrote:
> > Thanks - they look interesting plug-ins, but what I really want is
> > better editing capabilities than iMovie offers, e.g. more than one
> > "project" open at the same, cut/paste or drag/drop between projects,
> > join clips, add/remove audio/video tracks, audio processing, etc.
> >
> > It's a pity there isn't a "Final Cut Lite" or an "iMovie Pro" for say $99.
> >
> > Paul

[piggybacking...sorry].

You can do a lot more with iMovie than you might first think.
The difference in power isn't FCP or iMovie. Surprisingly
enough, it's QuickTime Pro (just $29. A $70 savings from the
retail version of your mythically suggested "iMovie Pro")
With iMovie and QuickTime Pro together, you get multiple tracks,
cut/paste, join clips, add/remove audio/video tracks, etc.
Mind you, it's not extremely pretty, but it's a heck of
a lot cheaper than $999 (or even $299 educational).

Man, that last paragraph sounds canned, but it's four in
the morning and I'm exhausted.

-- Erica