Digital8 vs. MiniDV Help?

dayton dayton at del.net
Wed Dec 25 10:42:29 PST 2002

Happy Holidays,

Can somebody point me in the right direction (i.e. web site, reviews, personal
experience, etc...) for helping my sister-in-law choose a new camcorder?

All she wants is the bare minimum to do simple computer editing; she said $600
would be reasonable.

I have a Sony TRV330 Digital8 camcorder with which I've been reasonably
satisfied; I suggested that at least D8 tapes are cheaper than miniDV tapes,
but I really can't strongly recommend one format over another.  My target is
to get her a quality, minimum bells & whistles unit.

Any help or directions would be appreciated.

Dayton