[MacDV] Making VCDs on a Mac

Carol java_j at macosx.com
Wed Dec 25 12:44:57 PST 2002

Carol wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>

> All the .mov files on the hard drive played fine using Quicktime 5. Then
> I tried playing the VCD with Quicktime.  The 3-minute movie was fine.
> So was the 10-minute movie.  On the 30-minute movie the picture froze
> and the sound stopped about 30 seconds before the end.  This also
> happened on a 40-minute movie.

Here I am answering my own post.  The problem was that I was trying to
play the .mov files instead of the .dat files on the VCD.  Quicktime
accepted both and things seemed fine up until the end.  The .mov files
froze, but the .dat files played to completion as expected.  There is
probably nothing wrong with my VCDs.

The devil is in the details :)
--
Carol -