[MacDV] Re: Final Cut Pro

Ed Holt ed at sheepnoirfilms.com
Thu Dec 26 10:34:30 PST 2002

Firewire to Firewire dub worked fine for us.

we received a project that had several time code breaks on every tape. seems
after every shot they had reviewed the shot but didn't worry about keeping
the time code continuous-and they didn't record black to the tapes to begin
with to lay down a continuous time code track.

We dubbed the tapes to new MiniDV tapes and did our low-res batch captures
from the dubs that now had continuous time code. Our originals got locked
away for safe keeping.

when we were finished with our low res edit we batch captured DV from the
dubs, tweaked a few edits and effects and it was done. If we had tried to
work from the original tapes we would have wasted hours on the recapturing
the hi-res version. I don't think we could have done it unless we had
meticulously logged every time code break or something.