[MacDV] Re: iDVD and Jaguar

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 27 14:46:02 PST 2002

>why don't you folks use the software upgrade software in the system
>preferences it will check and let you know what needs upgrading and
>then download it for you.

Ask before you assume. I have Software Update active, and it showed no
update for iDVD. Took a helpful list member to do that.

>it can even do it automatically. I use it all the time.
>
>No, i wouldn't think a new Mac would have the latest cuz the "new" mac
>actually is probably older than the new software. remember it has to be
>manufactured, boxed, shipped and then sold to you. what is the lead
>time on that? The software could have come out yesterday and usually it
>just has.

Excellent point. BTW - Software Update continues to let me know I can
upgrade to Quicktime 6. of course, it doesn't let me know that doing so
will render my QT Pro (5) unusable. Since I don't need mpeg4 at the moment,
I'm holding off. But it is an excellent argument for paying attention to
the choices offered by Software Update.

Bobbo

19 new Nature images online at  http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
Voice over -- http://www.bob-vo.com