Nikon CoolScan available

Owen Schmidt oschmidt at att.net
Sat Dec 28 07:46:16 PST 2002

MacDV --

Seeing the recent posts about scanning 35-mm slides, etc., I am reminded
that I have a seldom-used Nikon CoolScan LS-1000 here that I would part with
for $300 or best offer.

This is SCSI-only (no FireWire or USB), and does not have Mac OS X drivers
(though there is some information that VueScan will do the job in OS X).
I'll toss in the PCI SCSI card that I used in a PowerMac G4 back in the OS 9
days.  The unit includes a film-strip holder and original box.

If you have a SCSI connection and are using Mac OS 9, this will work fine.
This is a high-quality slide and negative film scanner that easily surpasses
anything new in the same price category.  It's just that I don't use it
anymore and it has an older interface ......

oschmidt at att.net
Portland, Oregon USA