How to dub? from a newbie

Tuckerman Moss tmoss at mac.com
Sun Dec 29 04:31:07 PST 2002

Wonderful Christmas - new Sony TRV27 under the tree - family already
sick of zoom-within-pan-within-zoom shots done jerkily.  Moving
forward, I now want to dub some old VHS-C tapes onto my new toy of edit
in iMovie - but I can't seem to figure it out.

Philips TV connected to Toshiba VCR via arial cables and eurocables
(SCART cables).  TV has video RCA jacks (and S-video) on the front
panel which work fine for INPUT from camera.  VCR has RCA-jacks on the
front panel for INPUT from camera.  But I  can't find any way to obtain
video/audio OUTPUT to export the VHS-C to the camera.  I don't
understand these SCART cables (being an American exile).  Is there some
kind of SCART connector that provides VIDEO/AUDIO OUT?  If so do they
come with S-video out?  Or better still, FireWire out?

many thanks,  Tuck

--
Tuckerman Moss • The Old Vicarage • West Anstey • United Kingdom