Cross-Platform Compatibility?

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 30 08:19:57 PST 2002

I received the following from a friend today. He had created a QT movie and
embedded it in a .pdf document for cross-platform play. When he tried to
play it on a PC, it didn't play. He sent me the following info, which I
wanted to check out here:

"Movies created on a Mac have to be "flattened"
in order to lose the resource fork, so the movie will play on both
platforms. Somehow, it still plays on Mac after being flattened,
Flattening is as easy as exporting or doing a Save As in QT Pro, and
selecting the "make self-contained" option."

Anyone else know if it is indeed the case that QT Pro is required for
making cross-platform QT movies, or if there are workarounds within either
iMovie or FCP in terms of how you export? Or is there a solution within
Adobe Acrobat itself?

Thanks,
Bobbo

19 new Nature images online at  http://www.bobbogoldberg.com