5-sesecond shot from DVD to DV-NTSC-MacDV Digest #1764

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Sun Nov 24 03:27:42 PST 2002

Lowell...

The simplest way to do this is play the DVD back on a standalone DVD player,
to which you've hooked up a DV camera that has an analog input and can
convert analog NTSC to DV.  Or, through your breakout box on your Mac.

You don't say whether you've tried this, yet.

The quality isn't going to change a whole lot, and for a five second shot,
you'll save yourself a whole lot of agony and multiple steps that probably
won't get you the quality you're looking for.

Ted.