Copy DVD?

jc jc at his.com
Sun Nov 24 07:30:40 PST 2002

I have a new G4 with the SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW) and a home movie on
DVD that I would like to duplicate (home movies from 1936 put onto
Video tape and from there to a DVD disk by a commercial company). I
copied the contents of the DVD to my hard drive and then dragged them
to a new DVD-R disk. Took about 20 some minutes to copy but when I
tried to play it there was nothing. Looked at the disk again and it
says that it's empty.

Am I doing something wrong or is what I want to do not possible with
my computer? I don't need to format the disk first do I?

Help!
--

-jc