[MacDV] Re: Need help ***. Illustrator 10 *** First book ?

Peter Payne peter2 at jlist.com
Mon Nov 25 03:08:26 PST 2002

>And I'm using PageMaker 6.5. I'm seriously considering upgrading
>to InDesign, but I'm not sure what sort of win that will be for me.
>I'm using PageMaker and Illustrator a bit more than I used to
>because I'm using them to design menu screens for DVD Studio Pro
>but I'm not sure I really want to spend $$$'s for upgraded software
>when the old stuff still does the job. Thoughts?

You will LOVE ID. I am so glad I kicked the PM6.5 habit, although I
was an early adopter and had to twist my printer's arm to let me do
jobs with it. He came around though. About the only things that
aren't Pagemaker-ish in InDesign are the two object selection tools
(one to say, move a frame, the other to move a cropped graphic around
inside the frame), and also that you have different keys to hold when
resizing graphics with the selection tool. Adobe's upgrade system is
very fair, unlike another company that starts with a Q, and I've
never felt I didn't get my money's worth out of an Adobe upgrade
product.

What bugs are in Illustrator 10? I've not found anything wrong with
it, although I'm not a power user, only occasionally edit pictures
and import them to other programs.
--
J-LIST http://www.jlist.com

Interested in my life in Japan? See the Peter Payne homepage at
http://www.peterpayne.net/