[MacDV] Rant...

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Nov 25 08:13:56 PST 2002

mo.og at verizon.net wrote:

> Sorry to burden you all with this, but I thought it might be of use to
> some.
> On a whim (what I thought was a good deal) I, tragically, bought an
> RCA miniDV camcorder. It was as is at the Wiz, and more than half off
> the retail price.
>
> The catch was that it was sold as is... no manual, battery etc. I
> assumed that I would be able to purchase these items easily, right?
> RCA has all the outward appearances of a real company so one would
> naturally think it's just a matter of figuring out what bits one
> needed and ordering replacement accessories from the company.
>
> I have spent so much time trying to get a couple of accessories
> (crucial to having the damn thing work) I lose track of the time I've
> wasted. I have a scratch pad with the 20 odd different #'s I've been
> given, and about 10 names of different supervisors etc. that I've had
> to contact to try and get this thing done. It seems that for this
> particular product one really can't get there from here.
>
> I have never, ever had such an infuriating experience.
>
> I will never again, knowingly do business with this company or any of
> it's divisions ever. Too bad they do Technicolor...
>
> ____________________
> Matthew Guemple
> Director/MATBLACK > VIS
> mo.og at verizon.net
> 646.734.6601

Well that's a damn shame. I reply because I did a similar thing. I
bought a Sony TRV9 out of the display case at the wiz.
It was clear that they didn't want to sell it to me as the guy took the
battery off it and told me it didn't come with it.
He wouldn't even look for any of the accesories and so I bought just the
bare camcorder and a battery.
Luckily for me Sony sold me pretty much the whole kit. PS, book remote.
I use that sucker EVERY day. It is my personal Camera and my DV deck. It
is my back up. Very handy.
Sony Sony Sony.
Jim