Copy DVD?

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 09:29:45 PST 2002

Jim,
You do not slide the disk onto the disk copy utility.

You use the menus to select New Image from Device. You select the DVD drive
(with your master DVD in it). You save it someplace you can remember it, and
give it a name like "My DVD" or whatever.
Then you eject your master DVD.
Under the Menus again, you select Burn Image.
It will ask you where the image is, you navigate to the saved "My DVD" image
and select it.

You choose DVD/CD master and None for encryption. It will prompt for a blank
disk. You insert the disk and burn.

Is it possible that the commercial establishment that burned your original
DVD put some copy protection on it? If so, then Disk Copy won't work.

sb