[ audio beeping and rendering in FCP3

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 12:59:54 PST 2002

While your points are correct, Richard, I think you are confusing upsampling
with changing FCP's prefs for preview audio quality in this instance.

The references to high and low audio quality were a sort of sidebar to his
original beeping question, and not the sample rate.

If the original poster did record his audio in the camera at 12 bit, 32 khz,
then he should create a capture and sequence preset with that audio sample
rate (by selecting DV NTSC and then Edit, changing the audio to 32 hz and
then saving as something like DV NTSC 32)
and then work entirely in 12 bit for that project.

If he has a real need to have the output changed into 16 bit/48hz, then he
can output as QT and change it there.

sb